From Parenting 24/7: University of Illinois Extension
Competence & Confidence
Getting Along with Others
Guidance, Discipline, Limit-Setting and Monitoring
- Breast-feeding may protect moms' health [Dec 29, 2009].
- Parents can help their children grow to love vegetables [Nov 21, 2009].
- Large recall of high chairs for choking hazard [May 1, 2009].
- Could fat babies mean fat toddlers? [Apr 26, 2009].
- Treatment for Peanut Allergies Shows Promise [Mar 16, 2009].
- Students eat more whole grains when it's gradually added to school lunch [Dec 1, 2008].
- Babies' nursing workouts build lung capacity [Dec 1, 2008].
- New evidence strengthens link between cigarette smoke exposure and poor infant health [Nov 17, 2008].
- Kids Aren't Getting Enough Vitamin D [Oct 31, 2008].
- More Mothers Breast-Feed, in First Months at Least [May 1, 2008].
- FDA panel: No cold medicines to children under 6 [Oct 19, 2007].
- What your child's doctor wishes you knew [May 24, 2007].
- Doctors checking babies for mental disorders [May 21, 2007].
- Cough, cold remedies might be lethal to infants [Jan 18, 2007].
- Doctors: Skip antibiotics for child ear infections [Jan 18, 2007].
- Best to let baby control early eating of solids [Sep 7, 2006].
- Bringing up baby, healthfully [Aug 15, 2006].
- Infants' food allergies less common than parents believe [Jun 9, 2006].
- Kids under 5 should get flu shot, U.S. panel says [Mar 23, 2006].
- To head off allergies, expose your kids to pets and dirt early. Really. [Mar 21, 2006].
- Newborn deaths still high among minorities [Mar 8, 2006].
- Alternating drugs best for lowering fever in kids [Mar 8, 2006].
- Help! Something just isn't right about my child [Feb 2, 2006].
- Should I have my baby boy circumcised? [Feb 2, 2006].
- Immunization schedule updated for kids, teens [Jan 18, 2006].
- Changes to child supplement guidelines needed [Jan 18, 2006].
- Pesticides can double risk of child leukemia [Jan 18, 2006].
- Vaccines may protect against diarrhea virus [Jan 10, 2006].
- Using the TV to get kids moving [Nov 22, 2005].
- Group issues hazardous toy alert for holidays [Nov 22, 2005].
- Child car seat advice questioned [Nov 7, 2005].
- Pesticide fears turn parents organic [Nov 7, 2005].
- Breast-feeding Could be the First Defense Against Obesity [May 24, 2004].
Independence, Defiance, and Oppositional Behavior
Learning & Schoolwork
Media Use (Television, Video Games, Movies, Computers)
- Intimacy may defend couples against stress [Dec 1, 2008].
- Unusual Use Of Toys In Infancy A Clue To Later Autism [Nov 17, 2008].
- Moms who stop smoking have happier babies [Nov 17, 2008].
- When moms criticize, dads back off of baby care [Jun 13, 2008].
- New mothers rattled by baby nightmares [Sep 18, 2007].
- Hearing test may spot babies at risk for SIDS [Sep 6, 2007].
- Kids’ growth patterns tied to adult hypertension [Jul 2, 2007].
- Autism linked to growth hormones, big heads [Jul 2, 2007].
- Study peeks at how our brains grow [May 18, 2007].
- Not responding to name may be sign of autism [Apr 4, 2007].
- Can baby sign language delay speech? [Jan 10, 2006].
- Doctors recommend hepatitis shot for kids [Nov 1, 2005].
- Top Ten Ways to Make Your Family More Resilient [Jun 21, 2005].
- Gay couples: A close look at this modern family, parenting [Nov 18, 2009].
- Whooping cough returns in kids as parents skip vaccines [May 27, 2009].
- CDC warns against giving toddlers, babies cold medicine, cough syrup [Nov 6, 2008].
- Germs may play role in sudden baby deaths [May 30, 2008].
- FDA Warns Against Giving Cough Medicine to Toddlers [Aug 16, 2007].
- Vaccine fights children's ear infections [Apr 4, 2007].
- Study: FluMist spray protects kids better than flu shots [Feb 15, 2007].
- Major changes in 2007 pediatric vaccine schedule [Jan 9, 2007].
Family Rituals, Routines, and Traditions
Getting Help, Solving Problems
Managing Work, Family, and Activities
Staying Connected to Spouses and Partners
Taking Care of Yourself
© Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois
University of Illinois Extension