From Parenting 24/7: University of Illinois Extension
Media Use (Television, Video Games, Movies, Computers)
- Half of teens say they've used cellphone while driving [Nov 18, 2009].
- Movies spur smoking more than sports teams do [Jul 31, 2009].
- Many teens wired, caffeinated well past bedtime [Jun 6, 2009].
- Teenagers' TV time may affect diet later [Feb 20, 2009].
- TV: Not the only channel to early sex [Dec 1, 2008].
- Violent video games linked to child aggression [Nov 7, 2008].
- Surfing violent websites linked to violent behavior [Nov 7, 2008].
- Study: Teens Would Rather Hit Web, TV Than Read [Jun 19, 2008].
- Attention problems linked to early TV viewing [Sep 5, 2007].
- Report: Parents would back limits on media violence, sex [Jul 2, 2007].
- Cyberbullying and Online Teens [Jun 29, 2007].
- Too many babies are teeny couch potatoes [May 18, 2007].
- Children's TV ads loaded with junk food [May 5, 2007].
- Teens, Privacy and Online Social Networks: How teens manage their online identities and personal information in the age of MySpace [Apr 19, 2007].
- Less TV doesn't mean kids will exercise more [Feb 19, 2007].
- Docs blast inappropriate ads for children [Dec 6, 2006].
- Study: 1 in 5 parents say kids online too much [Nov 29, 2006].
- Hit film adaptations for young audiences a 'mixed blessing' expert says [Mar 8, 2006].
- W. Va. schools try video game to fight obesity [Feb 2, 2006].
- Spanking can fuel aggression, anxiety in kids [Nov 28, 2005].
- Movies heavily shape teen smoking [Nov 7, 2005].
- Children's films featuring more violence [Nov 2, 2005].
- Poll: Lack of exercise blamed for kid obesity [Nov 1, 2005].
- Teens' use of Internet and online services documented in new book [Aug 1, 2005].
- Teens Forge Forward with the Internet and Other New Technologies [Jul 27, 2005].
- Study links TV to teen sexual activity [Sep 7, 2004].
- Good Reasons to Turn Off Your TV [Apr 17, 2004].
© Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois
University of Illinois Extension