From Parenting 24/7: University of Illinois Extension
Competence & Confidence
- Supportive teachers, peers can ease negative effects of frequent moves in elementary school [Dec 5, 2008].
- Schools' resources important for helping children of immigrant families succeed in the classroom [Nov 17, 2008].
- Young musicians get smarter, study suggests [Nov 17, 2008].
- Autism's mysteries remain as numbers grow [Mar 31, 2008].
- School yourself in advocating for your kid [Sep 18, 2007].
- Using TV as reward could get kids moving [Sep 7, 2006].
- Playing it safe: A checklist for parents [Jul 12, 2006].
- Character builder or pressure-cooker: parents and youth sports [Jul 12, 2006].
- Daily PE class a remnant of the past? [Apr 20, 2006].
- Anti-psychotic drug use in kids skyrockets [Mar 23, 2006].
- Approach to school affects how girls compare with boys in math [Mar 3, 2006].
- W. Va. schools try video game to fight obesity [Feb 2, 2006].
- Overweight kids risk broken bones, joint problems:13 percent break bones compared to 4 percent [Nov 29, 2005].
- Study: 2 million U.S. adolescents pre-diabetic [Nov 7, 2005].
- Find the right sports program for your kids [Oct 3, 2005].
- Tech use gives young people sense of accomplishment [Oct 1, 2003].
© Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois
University of Illinois Extension