From Parenting 24/7: University of Illinois Extension
Media Use (Television, Video Games, Movies, Computers)
- FTC Online Mall Teaches Tweens About Online Privacy, Scammers [Dec 29, 2009].
- TV Viewing Among Kids at an Eight-Year High [Nov 22, 2009].
- Movies spur smoking more than sports teams do [Jul 31, 2009].
- Violent video games linked to child aggression [Nov 7, 2008].
- Surfing violent websites linked to violent behavior [Nov 7, 2008].
- Survey: Distractions, homework pull youngsters away from reading [Jun 10, 2008].
- Attention problems linked to early TV viewing [Sep 5, 2007].
- Report: Parents would back limits on media violence, sex [Jul 2, 2007].
- Too many babies are teeny couch potatoes [May 18, 2007].
- Children's TV ads loaded with junk food [May 5, 2007].
- New Study Finds That Food is the Top Product Seen Advertised by Children [Mar 28, 2007].
- Less TV doesn't mean kids will exercise more [Feb 19, 2007].
- Docs blast inappropriate ads for children [Dec 6, 2006].
- Study: 1 in 5 parents say kids online too much [Nov 29, 2006].
- Online games lift spirits of seriously ill kids [Nov 11, 2006].
- TV may not cause kids' attention disorders [Mar 23, 2006].
- Hit film adaptations for young audiences a 'mixed blessing' expert says [Mar 8, 2006].
- W. Va. schools try video game to fight obesity [Feb 2, 2006].
- Fitness experts: 'Don't let kids hibernate' [Jan 9, 2006].
- Spanking can fuel aggression, anxiety in kids [Nov 28, 2005].
- Using the TV to get kids moving [Nov 22, 2005].
- Movies heavily shape teen smoking [Nov 7, 2005].
- Children's films featuring more violence [Nov 2, 2005].
- Poll: Lack of exercise blamed for kid obesity [Nov 1, 2005].
- Kids Have Easy Access to Junk Food [Aug 30, 2005].
- Safe Websites for Kids [Jun 21, 2005].
- TV confuses children about which foods are healthy, new study finds [Jun 13, 2005].
- Good Reasons to Turn Off Your TV [Apr 17, 2004].
- Study Finds Children Age Zero to Six Spend As Much Time With TV, Computers and Video Games As Playing Outside [Oct 29, 2003].
© Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois
University of Illinois Extension