From Parenting 24/7: University of Illinois Extension
Media Use (Television, Video Games, Movies, Computers)
- DVDs for toddlers poorly designed: study [Jan 5, 2010].
- Child care doubles TV time for some children [Nov 30, 2009].
- TV Viewing Among Kids at an Eight-Year High [Nov 22, 2009].
- Is TV watching linked to aggression in kids? [Nov 21, 2009].
- Study: TV can impair speech development of young children [Jun 6, 2009].
- Attention problems linked to early TV viewing [Sep 5, 2007].
- Turn Off TV To Teach Toddlers New Words [Jun 28, 2007].
- Too many babies are teeny couch potatoes [May 18, 2007].
- Children's TV ads loaded with junk food [May 5, 2007].
- Report puts pacifier on 'smarter baby' debate [Apr 4, 2007].
- New Study Finds That Food is the Top Product Seen Advertised by Children [Mar 28, 2007].
- Docs blast inappropriate ads for children [Dec 6, 2006].
- Many parents encouraging tots to watch TV [Jun 7, 2006].
- TV may not cause kids' attention disorders [Mar 23, 2006].
- Spanking can fuel aggression, anxiety in kids [Nov 28, 2005].
- Using the TV to get kids moving [Nov 22, 2005].
- Children's films featuring more violence [Nov 2, 2005].
- Watching TV may harm infants' sleep patterns [Oct 7, 2005].
- Good Reasons to Turn Off Your TV [Apr 17, 2004].
- Preschoolers can learn to watch less television [Feb 3, 2004].
- Study Finds Children Age Zero to Six Spend As Much Time With TV, Computers and Video Games As Playing Outside [Oct 29, 2003].
© Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois
University of Illinois Extension